Friday, December 24, 2010

Why Wont You Die Already?

      Okay, so most of you people know by now that I am a writer which my husband thinks make me the eqivilant of a crazy person as I am always talking about the people who live inside my head and how they like to argue with me.
     "Why argue?" He asks, "Your the writer, they're not real people just make them do what you want them to do."
     Well thats easier said than done.
     In the course of writing my current novel I have developed this character named Vanessa. She is quirky and tough, quick witted and fast with the comebacks. She is very rough around the edges and really toes the line between being an evil bitch and a take no shit suvivor. I had orrigionally just written her in as a small character, to play a role in a fight scene and be killed off,  but the more I wrote about her the more her character began to develope and grow into something that has far exceeded my expectations. Being the psychotic writer that I am I have tried to kill Vanessa off three times and yet she still lives enduring me to her snotty remarks and witty sarcasm with every scene that she is in. I keep thinking This girl has to die and yet she keeps thwarting my every effort.
     Now I have resigned myself to her presence liking her more and more every day and not only have I decided to stay her execution but I have been playing match maker in my head deciding with who out of the other voices that live inside my head might appriciate this fast talking annoyingly infectous creature I have created. (I know scarry isn't it.)
     Jeez, Im not even done writing this book and yet I feel a sequal comming on. Well what more can I say except well played Vanessa, you will live to see another day and welcome to my world of insanity....

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, they all live in there. Right between my memories and my dreams. Oh yes, they live. Indeed they do. In many ways they are as real to me as my "real" friends and family. They do and say the most amazing things when I least expect it. I have little if any control over these people. They often have meetings in the middle of the night. Meetings to which I am invited as a auditor but not a contributor.
    I long ago lost any illusion of "control" over these people. I simply have to write their stories. Share their dialogue and remain out of the way. Scary? Oh ya...because they are all me.

    ReplyDelete