Friday, December 31, 2010

Something, Is Always Better Than Nothing

     So I must say my head has been lost in all things pirate the last several days and I have completed nearly 70 pages of my most current WIP since Christmas alone which I cant decide if that's a good thing or bad. Good, because I am putting the words on paper, telling my story(or at least my Characters story) for the rest of the heard to hear. Bad, because of all that amassed word count, I cant help but wonder if the writing itself is any good. Either way, I am going to press on, wracking up the words until I get to the finish. I suppose that is why they call it a rough draft. Who writes a story perfectly on the first try. I guess I need to let go of the worries that it isn't good and just keep on writing after as my mentor and author Judi McCoy always says, "You can fix crap, but you cant fix, nothing."

3 comments:

  1. 70 pages - that's awesome! Keep it up. And Judi's right! Worry about getting the story on paper first.

    And what I find works for me, especially if I've had a good writing day (over 3000 words). I'll go back over the work the next day and do a minor edit (to make sure it all makes sense!). It also helps me get back into the story (since I wrote so much in one day).

    Good luck with your story. As long as you're having fun writing it, I'm sure it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy:) Did you send in the full MS that was requested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You betcha! I don't waste any time when it's requested (so now it's with a publisher AND an agent). I was just thrilled an agent liked my writing (the biggest stumbling block, if you ask me!). Now, let's hope she likes my book and can help get it published!

    ReplyDelete