Friday, December 24, 2010

Procrastination pays off!

Okay so here I am at my computer where I have been all morning trying to write this scene in my latest book and I find myself stuck. It is so weird sometimes. Its like I know what I want my characters to do and where the story should go next but sometime my people just dont want to go with the program. I call my Charactors my people because to me they are people with past's and thoughts and feelings. My husband thinks I am crazy and when I start ranting that Cassi (the heroine in my current novel) just isn't co-operating with me he looks at me as if  have completely lost it. So as I have waisted away my morning wallowing in procrastination I decided to check out Laurell K Hamiltons web site, who is (if you dont already know) a fabulous author and one of my very faveorites) and I happened to click on her blog. Suprisingly enough Luarell who is a New York Times Best selling Author several times over, had posted a blog where she was speaking of her own little case of writers block. Now I must say this must have been fortuitous because though I have been to her web site before I had never read her blog, and I found what she wrote to be most insiteful and helpful into my own current blockage. In essense she said it was okay that Cassi was arguing with me and that I should listen to her better after all this is Cassi's stroy not mine I am just the one putting it down on paper. For some reason this made alot of sense to me and I will try harder to listen to my people in the future. It also made me happy because I was reassured that I am not the only writer out there with people running around in my head trying to boss me arround. My husbands sais he guesses thats okay as long as his people and my people dont start trying to talk or stage a coup he will just have to live with the fact that I am not the only person that lives inside my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment