Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gifts

     Another Christmas has come and gone and over all it was a really lovely day. I love the excitment of the kids when they wake up in the morning dying to see what Santa has brouhgt and tear open the presents which have been under the tree torturing them for the last few weeks with the surprises hidden inside the prettily wrapped packages.
     I also love spending time with family, seeing those loved ones who you only see once or twice a year or in my case that special cousin I havn't seen in ten years.
   While some people complain that Christmas has become to comercial and to much about the process of buying gifts and who got what, I think that those are the people that forget the main Idea of the holiday. Sure we buy gifts, but I buy them to give them to the people I love and see the hapiness that it brings them. It's not about what I get in return, its about what I can give, it's about seeing those that I love light up with joy, It's about sharing warm thoughts with family and friends and thanking god for the gifts that I have been given in my life. That to me is the best part of Christmas and regarless of haw many gifts there were under the tree for me, the best gift was the gift of  love.

3 comments:

  1. Well, my DH buys gifts he wants, so not sure how thoughtful or love inspiring he did this year. Seemed a bit self-serving and we're still battling it out at the moment...but you're righ to the actual way it should be!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete